The Cyprus Bonsai Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

my 'new' 'old' ficus in poor condition

4 posters

Go down

my 'new' 'old' ficus in poor condition Empty my 'new' 'old' ficus in poor condition

Post  ACEone Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:08 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

yesterday i brought this tree from a friend of mine (apparently nobody took care),..ist in poor condition,..was not waterend at all,..was on place with no light,..and had white stones all over the pot on the top,..
what i did is just water it,remove the stones,and put to balkony not to be on direct sunlight,..
would like to ask for any suggestions how to continue,..waht to do with it,...
thanx for answers/advices...

ACEone

Joined date : 2012-04-18

Back to top Go down

my 'new' 'old' ficus in poor condition Empty Re: my 'new' 'old' ficus in poor condition

Post  Greg Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:33 pm

I think you did just right.
unfortunately there is nothing to do with this one, is just waste of time and effort. In any case you may try for some aerial roots.

Greg
Admin

Joined date : 2011-04-30

https://bonsaicyprus.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

my 'new' 'old' ficus in poor condition Empty Re: my 'new' 'old' ficus in poor condition

Post  Savvas P. Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:47 pm

Apparently this is the kind of material that here in Cyprus everybody calls bonsai or how everybody thinks bonsai is like.you can learn from this but it will never be of any value to you once you get more into our hobby...Now if you want to experiment on this material then go ahead....It tolerates pruning so give it a good one..does that pot have a drainage hole under it?the soil is bad quality as well but one step at a time....Check the pot first and we c..... thumbs up thumbs up

Savvas P.

Joined date : 2011-05-02

Back to top Go down

Post  stavros Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:59 pm

sorry for not giving any insight or info, but i'm kind of "allergic" to ficus and especially in this type, the f. ginseng (the "potato" type)

stavros

http://www.bonsaicyprus.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ACEone Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:08 am

thanx for replies...
i know this is not a bansai and never going to be a bonsai,..but still it can be a nice part of my balkony,..in the future,..and as you sad,..for experimenting its gonna be fine too,...

the pot has no holes at the bottom,..i checked that 1st...the soil looks like mix of dust and construction garbage,...( the peolple who gave it to me works on a construction Smile )

so i try to repot it as soon as i get some better pot, and give it jut time,..and we see,..

ACEone

Joined date : 2012-04-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Savvas P. Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:39 pm

thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up as long as you know whats right and wrong go ahead..... Very Happy Very Happy

Savvas P.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down