The Cyprus Bonsai Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A RAFT OUT OF PROPORTION....IMPRESSIVE!!!!!!!

4 posters

Go down

A RAFT OUT OF PROPORTION....IMPRESSIVE!!!!!!! Empty A RAFT OUT OF PROPORTION....IMPRESSIVE!!!!!!!

Post  Savvas P. Sat May 12, 2012 5:12 pm

I saw this one 4 months ago and when i showed it to Greg,he said "forget it,you are crazy,its too big".I forgot it until today....Its big,its impressive but....dont laugh guys.....it was so easy to dig out,but so heavy to carry down from the mountain though......
[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][/img][img][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][/img]
As you can see its full of healthy roots,all the old soil is washed away and needed to make some improvisations to fit it in a pot...i actualy used two to fit it in....Its length is 90cm and is 30cm wide.... Smile Smile
[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][/img][img][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][/img]
I was too tired to clean it more,to get better pictures,tomorrow maybe......Am i crazy after all... geek geek
By the way with this one the Yamadory period is over for me...... Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
All yours...... thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up

Last edited by Savvas P. on Sat May 12, 2012 8:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

Savvas P.

Joined date : 2011-05-02

Back to top Go down

A RAFT OUT OF PROPORTION....IMPRESSIVE!!!!!!! Empty Re: A RAFT OUT OF PROPORTION....IMPRESSIVE!!!!!!!

Post  Greg Sat May 12, 2012 6:11 pm

Well... What more to Say Shocked

Hmm .... its huge, has a great base, to many trunks to play around. A few straight trunks to go.
You need a wooden growing box a.s.a.p.
Not my style of tree but for sure is a great one.
There is one more option with this tree, split it and share the parts with friends Cool

Greg
Admin

Joined date : 2011-04-30

https://bonsaicyprus.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

A RAFT OUT OF PROPORTION....IMPRESSIVE!!!!!!! Empty Re: A RAFT OUT OF PROPORTION....IMPRESSIVE!!!!!!!

Post  stavros Sun May 13, 2012 7:59 am

The base is impressive, but it will take you a lifetime to create a bonsai from it, since you will have to start from scratch and create several trunks and branches...........

stavros

http://www.bonsaicyprus.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Greg Sun May 13, 2012 5:00 pm

stavros wrote:The base is impressive, but it will take you a lifetime to create a bonsai from it, since you will have to start from scratch and create several trunks and branches...........

So.. Savvas has no other option than to "split and share" Smile

Greg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Savvas P. Sun May 13, 2012 6:27 pm

After some cleaning up....[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][/img]

Savvas P.

Back to top Go down

Post  Savvas P. Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:57 am

Remember this big fellow guys?He is doing fine yes.....so far i cut back hard 3-4 times last time was three weeks ago but it seems this drop of temperature we have is doing good to the trees as well,here are some updates...
[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][/img]
Hopefully in a months time it will go in its new wooden box.......Styling?comes next.....

Savvas P.

Back to top Go down

Post  Savvas P. Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:13 pm

After nearly two years the giant has a new home.....i hope it likes it..... Smile Smile 
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
DO YOU???????

Savvas P.

Back to top Go down

Post  Greg Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:48 pm

your "pot" looks like one of these boxes use for army ammunition. Smile 
Its fine for the time being, are you planning to commision a pot ?

Greg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  stavros Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:17 pm

Greg wrote:your "pot" looks like one of these boxes use for army ammunition. Smile 
Its fine for the time being, are you planning to commision a pot ?

When are u planning to start creating the bonsai?

You can start saving money for a commissioned pot…. it will take a few good years until the tree is almost ready for one, so get yourself a piggy bank  Smile  Smile  Smile 

stavros

http://www.bonsaicyprus.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Savvas P. Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:40 pm

Who is in a hurry guys,give it another year to settle down in its new home and we c...i will give it a good haircut now and let it rest....Pot?out of the question for now...i must find a good sponsor first Smile Smile or may be a bank for financing it,will see Laughing Laughing 

Savvas P.

Back to top Go down

Post  Neil W (aka Nelson,UK) Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:40 pm

That's some amazing yamadori  Smile .
Are the trunks in the middle dead ?,and will you keep the big straight one ?.

Neil W (aka Nelson,UK)

Joined date : 2012-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Savvas P. Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:15 pm

It is i know.... Smile Smile 
Yes the middle section of the tree is dead...Now as far as the straight one???Yes i am going to keep it but the V shape top part i am thinking about...i think i will keep one of the 2 sub trunks and carry on with styling...time will show....

Savvas P.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down