The Cyprus Bonsai Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bougainvillea

3 posters

Go down

Bougainvillea Empty Bougainvillea

Post  wildfig Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:52 pm

This bougainvillea was planted on builders rabble on the side of the house in the mid eighties. It was growing up to the top of the chimney.
I dug it up 6 years ago. There were big slabs under the roots, and as a result the roots were curled up. I planted it in a wooden training box.
It had no branches at all. I gradually reduced the root ball and planted it in a pot and I'm developing the branches. I have done extensive carving.

I'm thinking of removing the large surface root at the front and then it can go in a smaller proper bonsai pot but I haven't dared to do it yet as this
root has many fibrous roots growing from it's end.

I would welcome any suggestions.

Height 50 cm Trunk width 14 cm Age appr. 28 years

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

wildfig

Joined date : 2012-10-10

Back to top Go down

Bougainvillea Empty Re: Bougainvillea

Post  Greg Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:36 pm

Well Iam not sure about the curled base But Iam sure that I dont like the straight trunk..
Tree Inclination and reduction of height will probably give a spectacular result

Greg
Admin

Joined date : 2011-04-30

https://bonsaicyprus.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Savvas P. Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:56 pm

Maybe pictures dont tell the right story...but the way i see it i would cut the top straight part off and take it from there..another interesting tree there..... thumbs up thumbs up

Savvas P.

Joined date : 2011-05-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down