The Cyprus Bonsai Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WILD OLIVE TREE 28/10/2012(YAMADORY TREATMENT)

2 posters

Go down

WILD OLIVE TREE 28/10/2012(YAMADORY TREATMENT) Empty WILD OLIVE TREE 28/10/2012(YAMADORY TREATMENT)

Post  Savvas P. Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:31 pm

I want to share with you,how i treat my yamadories this year,and with the following pictures you will see the result i got from this tree...Off course this process is not something new but for me it is and i enjoyed the results.
As soon as the tree was collected from the ground the roots were covered in a wet cloth and pou in a plastic bag.When i come home i prepare the tree's base as if i was to pot it and deep it in a bucket with rooting hormone for at least 24 hours.Meanwhile i prepare my pottin mix.....80% terramol and gravel-20% perlite with peat moss or coconut mix.Next day i take the tree off the solution,put some rooting hormone on the live parts of the roots and base and pot it.On top of the soil i put peat moss(just to keep moisture).I water thouroghly and then cover it in a nylon bag in which i make a couple of small holes.I uncovered it after a month and there was new shoots.
[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [/img]
After a month....
Today....
Now i opened bigger holes in the nylon bag because i have to prepare the tree and new growth to survive without protection...Gradualy maybe in a months time the nylon will be completely removed.Thx.

Savvas P.

Joined date : 2011-05-02

Back to top Go down

WILD OLIVE TREE 28/10/2012(YAMADORY TREATMENT) Empty Re: WILD OLIVE TREE 28/10/2012(YAMADORY TREATMENT)

Post  stavros Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:31 pm

great result savva
i think that your soil mixture is great; it drains well, but keeps very little moisture and also it tends to keep the roots warm compared to crushed gravel u used to use last year.
the plastic bag is good, even though i never really used one and i had similar results with olives.
thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up

stavros

http://www.bonsaicyprus.com

Back to top Go down

WILD OLIVE TREE 28/10/2012(YAMADORY TREATMENT) Empty Re: WILD OLIVE TREE 28/10/2012(YAMADORY TREATMENT)

Post  Savvas P. Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:38 pm

Stavro,if i was to derive to some conclusions from last years yamadories??Yes you are right,especially that mix which was mainly sand,that had very poor results,whereas the other mix where there was more gravel then the results were surely much much better....

Savvas P.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down