The Cyprus Bonsai Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An olive tree that looks like a juniper or am I wrong?

4 posters

Go down

An olive tree that looks like  a juniper or am I wrong? Empty An olive tree that looks like a juniper or am I wrong?

Post  Greg Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:19 pm

An olive tree that looks like a juniper or am I wrong?.
A miracle of nature that had a little help by a flock of goats , The tree found nearby a farm where the flock of goats browse any tree or shrump they find on there way. This browsing gave to the tree a very fine ramification. Unfortunately or fortunately?, ramification is too close to the trunk. This ramification gave me a very hard time during defoliation.

The tree is around 70cm from the lips of the training pot.

Any comments are are more than welcome

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Greg
Admin

Joined date : 2011-04-30

https://bonsaicyprus.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

An olive tree that looks like  a juniper or am I wrong? Empty Re: An olive tree that looks like a juniper or am I wrong?

Post  Savvas P. Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:45 pm

Greg,very nice piece,great material....no need to tell you that the fotos say nothing....its a very powerfull tree......did you defoliate finally?

Savvas P.

Joined date : 2011-05-02

Back to top Go down

An olive tree that looks like  a juniper or am I wrong? Empty Re: An olive tree that looks like a juniper or am I wrong?

Post  Greg Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:17 pm

Savvas P. wrote:Greg,very nice piece,great material....no need to tell you that the fotos say nothing....its a very powerfull tree......did you defoliate finally?

Iam trying. Due to its very fine ramification its very difficult. A few days more to be completed.

Greg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  damianos Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:59 am

I read "juniper like", a few days ago "swan like"!!! It's nice to have imagination!

damianos

Joined date : 2011-05-06

Back to top Go down

Post  stavros Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:43 pm

damianos wrote:I read "juniper like", a few days ago "swan like"!!! It's nice to have imagination!

it's even nicer to have access to such a good and promising raw material

stavros

http://www.bonsaicyprus.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Greg Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:19 pm

And the nicest is to have access to such a good and promising raw material and imagination! Smile

Greg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  damianos Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:04 am

As I wrote in Greece, the best is to be able to get it out alive...

damianos

Back to top Go down

Post  Greg Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:15 am

damianos wrote:As I wrote in Greece, the best is to be able to get it out alive...

Exactly! Its takes a few years to learn and for sure you dont start with such a good quality material. We are willing to share this knowledge with you if you like to give a try with yamadory.

Greg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  damianos Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:15 am

I should plan my first trip to Cyprus then!

damianos

Back to top Go down

Post  Greg Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:17 pm

damianos wrote:I should plan my first trip to Cyprus then!

There is an open invitation in the greek forum for next March. We will love to see you thumbs up

Greg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  damianos Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:22 pm

We will be in touch for that. It is something really amazing. I do not know though if I am able to partecipate in such high level meeting, because of my poor knowledge on the subject. I have attended the Athens' workshop last week in order to start learning. In any case we will be in touch for the Cyprus' meeting in March.

damianos

Back to top Go down

Post  Savvas P. Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:39 pm

Damiane,you call it a "high level meeting",but i think you are wrong...the only one who is realy on a higher level is Graham,the rest believe me we are making our first steps in serious bonsai...we decided to do this after our trip to England(Best British Bonsai 2011),we must do it if we want to proceed to another level,and that level is just to know what to do with a good quality tree,and get good results,and most of all to get enjoyment and pleasure from our hobby.we are all learning....

Savvas P.

Back to top Go down

Post  damianos Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:03 am

Then let me know when you have the final dates of the event. Until then I will be studying!

damianos

Back to top Go down

Post  Savvas P. Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:39 pm

We will.... thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up

Savvas P.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum