The Cyprus Bonsai Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ITS ONLY THE BEGINING....WEEKEND WORKSHOP WITH GRAHAM POTTER

5 posters

Go down

ITS ONLY THE BEGINING....WEEKEND WORKSHOP WITH GRAHAM POTTER Empty ITS ONLY THE BEGINING....WEEKEND WORKSHOP WITH GRAHAM POTTER

Post  Savvas P. Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:58 pm

It was decided at first at the BBBO in Birmingham, last year…If everything went according to plan Graham Potter was to be in Cyprus sometime in March 2012.Yes he did….Last weekend Graham was with us for a two day workshop…Two days full of Bonsai, twenty two hours with a guy that learned the subject not through books, pictures bright lights and big words, but through years of experience in horticulture, love and respect for his trees and his customers…..He shared with us, as much knowledge as we could absorb during these 22 hours…We wired, we curved, we re potted, we styled,we cut,we through away,and he answered all our questions,but above all we had fun….There was so much information coming on to us that it will take some time to put our thoughts down in order….He gave us many tips,that surely if we follow them we will avoid many mistakes…We will try to share with you many of these tips,and I will start today with the one I think it must be a rule to everyone…
He said….”MY MAIN CONCERN IS WHATS UNDER THE SOIL ,RATHER WHAT IS ABOVE IT”.
Thanks a lot Graham and I hope this is only the beginning……

Savvas P.

Joined date : 2011-05-02

Back to top Go down

ITS ONLY THE BEGINING....WEEKEND WORKSHOP WITH GRAHAM POTTER Empty Re: ITS ONLY THE BEGINING....WEEKEND WORKSHOP WITH GRAHAM POTTER

Post  stavros Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:25 pm

There is no reason to repeat what Savvas has said. We learned so much!
I just hope that Graham can come again next year.
Here are the 3 trees i wired and styled primarily during the workshop:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

stavros

http://www.bonsaicyprus.com

Back to top Go down

ITS ONLY THE BEGINING....WEEKEND WORKSHOP WITH GRAHAM POTTER Empty Re: ITS ONLY THE BEGINING....WEEKEND WORKSHOP WITH GRAHAM POTTER

Post  stavros Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:34 pm

at the end of a long weekend....HAPPY FACES

stavros

Back to top Go down

Post  stavros Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:36 pm

Greg focused on his wood carving mission Smile Smile
One of the many trees that were carved this last weekend

stavros

Back to top Go down

Post  my nellie Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:41 am

Bravo, Gentlemen!
I feel happy for you!
May we share a same event here in metropolitan Greece....

my nellie

Joined date : 2011-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  will baddeley Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:29 pm

So glad to hear you all had a great weekend and gleaned so much knowledge from Graham. Onwards and upwards my friends. Your enthusiasm has been rewarded. Very Happy

will baddeley

Joined date : 2011-05-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Savvas P. Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:29 pm

We surely did Will,thanx a lot......it gave us a new momentum,everything is put in a different prospective,more serious,more right if you see what i mean.... thumbs up thumbs up

Last edited by Savvas P. on Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

Savvas P.

Back to top Go down

Post  Greg Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:38 pm

will baddeley wrote:So glad to hear you all had a great weekend and gleaned so much knowledge from Graham. Onwards and upwards my friends. Your enthusiasm has been rewarded. Very Happy

Many thanks Will. thumbs up

Greg
Admin

Joined date : 2011-04-30

https://bonsaicyprus.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  stavros Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:15 pm

will baddeley wrote:So glad to hear you all had a great weekend and gleaned so much knowledge from Graham. Onwards and upwards my friends. Your enthusiasm has been rewarded. Very Happy

thanx for your encouraging words Will Very Happy Very Happy

stavros

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum